The Jagannath Temple in Puri is one among the most sacred temples in India. The Puri Rath Yatra is world famous and attracts more than one million pilgrims every year, not only from India but also from the different parts of the world. This festival is a symbol of equality and integration.
The festival begins with the invoking ceremony in the morning and the chariot pulling on the roads of Puri in afternoon which is the most exciting part of the festival. The 3 deities have 3 different chariots – the chariot of Lord Jagannath, Nandighosa, has 18 wheels and is 45.6 feet high, the chariot of Lord Balabhadra, Taladhwaja has 16 wheels and is 45 feet high and the chariot of Subhadra, Devadalana has 14 wheels and is 44.6 ft high. Every year the wooden temples like chariots are constructed newly. The idols of these three deities are also made of wood and they are religiously replaced by new ones in every 12 years.
The 3 deities, Lord Jagannath, his elder brother Lord Balabhadra and their sister Subhadra are worshipped within the temple, on this festival they are taken to the streets of Puri so that everyone can have the fortune to see them. The celebration brings millions of people to the street and is a sight to watch.
Available On Demand
- Accommodation on twin sharing Basis / Single occupancy in Taj Gateway / Maidens Oberoi / Trident / Oberoi Grand for 8 Nights / 9 Days.
- All Meals Breakfast , Lunch and Dinner and applicable taxes.
- Transfers by A/C New Coach.
- VVIP Entry in Pandals with warm reception. Common people Que time is at least 2 hours.
- Cultural show.
- Cruise in Ganges.
- All sightseeing as mentioned in the Itinerary.
- Round Trip Air Ticket Madrid – Delhi – Varanasi- Delhi-Jaipur- Kolkata – Delhi-Madrid in Economy Class.
- All Table Drinks, telephone, laundry, tips etc.
- Personal Items.
- Visa Charges.
Available on demand